How To Upload Your Ebook To Your Kindle
There are 2 ways to transfer your downloaded Kindle ebook to your kindle. You can either transfer it via usb, or you can email it to your Kindle using it’s unique email address.
To transfer the .mobi file by usb transfer
- Download the .mobi file
- Connect your device to your computer with the USB cable. Your device will appear in the same location on your computer that external USB drives appear.
- Windows: Your device will appear in the “Computer” or “My Computer” folder.
- Mac: Your device will appear on the desktop.
- Open the device folder, and then open the “Documents” or “Internal Documents” folder.
- Locate the downloaded file on your computer, and then drag and drop the file into the appropriate folder. Depending on your device type, the folder names may vary.
- For example, on Kindle Paperwhite, move books to the “Documents” folder. On Kindle Fire tablets, move books to the “Books” folder.
- Safely disconnect your device from your computer once the transfer is complete.
Instructions adapted from Amazon’s help website
To transfer your .mobi book to your Kindle by email
Firstly, you need to add your email address on your Amazon settings so your Kindle can receive your book.
This is because you can only receive documents from email addresses that you have added to your approved personal document email list in Manage Your Content and Devices.
To add an approved email address:
- Go to Manage Your Content and Devices.
- From Settings, scroll down to Personal Document Settings.
- Under Approved Personal Document E-mail List, check if your email address is listed. If your email address is not listed, select Add a new approved e-mail address.
- Enter the desired email address and click Add Address.
Tip: To remove an approved email address, select Delete next to the address you wish to remove, and then click OK to confirm.
Now, it's time to email your .mobi book to your Kindle.
- Download the .mobi file
- Log into your amazon account and visit this page: www.amazon.co.uk/gp/css/homepage.html
- Underneath the section Digital Content, click on the link “Manage your Content and Devices”
- There should be an email address for the device called something like “[email protected]”
- Send an email to this address from your computer or the email app on your phone with the .mobi file you downloaded attached.
- Turn on your kindle, and make sure it is connected to wifi.
- After a few minutes, your ebook should appear on your device.
I hope you enjoy your free book. If you do, can you do me a favor and let a friend know about it? I'd really appreciate it.