Prize Draw Terms & Conditions
1. This prize draw is organized by Alastair Brown (known simply as 'The Organizer').
2. The prize is a free Amazon Kindle ebook copy of Whatever it Takes: A Joe Beck Thriller - due to be released late 2020.
How to enter
3.The closing date for this prize draw is HH:MM on DD MONTH YYYY.
4. Entries received after the stated closing date will not be accepted.
5. This prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
6. Entrants may only enter via submitting a qualifying entry via this website: authoralastairbrown.com
7. The Organizer will not accept responsibility for entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
8. By submitting an entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
9. The Organizer reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
10. This prize draw is open to any individual aged 18 or over who is a permanent legal resident of any of the following countries: United States of America, Canada, Australia, United Kingdom.
11. Entrants under 18 must get consent from their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) before entering. The parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of entrants under 18 agree to these Terms and Conditions on behalf of the entrant.
12. Only one entry per person is permitted.
13. In entering, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. The Organizery may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the prize draw.
14. The Organizer reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize draw.
15. A winner will be chosen as a random picking from all eligible entrants, performed within one month of the prize draw ending.
16. The winner will receive details of the prize.
17. The winner will be notified by email within 7 days of being chosen and their name will be announced as the winner on The Organizer's Facebook page.
18. A link to redeem the prize on Amazon will be emailed to the winner within 14 days following the prize's publication date on Amazon.
19. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. The Organizer reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond The Organizer's control makes it necessary to do so.
20. The decision of The Organizer regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
21. The winner’s name and county can be obtained by visiting the Facebook profile of The Organizer.
22. The Organizer reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
Limitation of liability
23. Insofar as is permitted by law, The Organizer will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize whatsoever. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Data protection and publicity
25. By entering, you agree that any personal information provided by you with your entry may be held and used by The Organizer or its agents and suppliers to administer the competition.
26. This prize draw will be governed by Scottish law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.
27. The Organizer reserves the right to update these Terms and Conditions from time to time and any updated version will be effective as soon as it is published on the website.